View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:25

simmos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibreglass View Post
Hi there, thanks for your comments on my body shells, however I thought I had better correct you on the customers car. The person who has written the description for the auction is not correct, the car is NOT based on a 308GT4 chassis, it is in fact based on a 328 chassis (easily seen by the position of the handbrake) which only has a wheelbase of 0.4 inches longer than the 246 which can easily be lost in the wheel arches.
It therefore did not need any cutting, I think where the original floor has been removed it looks like it may have been cut. As the chassis has not been cut it will not require the IVA.
I do not wish to mention who my customer was but if you find this car on the Ferrari Forum then you will realise who they are and that they do build very good cars for both road and race use. I just supplied the bodyshell and they have done the rest.
I didn't mention it on here to try and sell it for them, it was just an example of what can be built using genuine Ferrari running gear.
I would just add that if anyone was thinking of buying a part built car then this although not cheap would make a very interesting project.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Thanks for your reply and yes the 328 chassis makes this car more interesting as a project.

I still wonder why the builders aborted this project and put it up for sale before finishing it, if this car was completed and it drove well it would gain massive interest and have a good value.

As it was a 328 chassis was the donor car accident damaged?

You would have thought they would at least plumbed and wired the engine before selling.

Thanks.