View Single Post
Old 10th June 2014, 21:46

Viatron is on a distinguished road

Managed to grab a quick 3 hours this evening, filler work on the first hump I fitted:

Also found I needed to do a bit more work on the rear deck.

The additional work on the rear deck only became obvious when I ran over it with my shiny new long board

To get in to the area between the hump and the deck I need a round sanding object:

At last a use for old PU adhesive dispensers! with a bit of self adhesive sand paper it did the job nicely, had a to be a bit careful though as heavy pressure started to collapse what is only really a very thing Ali tube:

So after an hour of sanding and a quick blow over of primer filler to help highlight defects it was starting to take shape:

Trimmed the second hump and faffed for a bit till I was happy with the position:

You can just see in this shot where I have outlined its final resting place in red felt tip:

The coat of primer did its job and highlighted that more filler work is required on the first hump:

So before I left I got busy with the heat gun and encouraged the primer to go off enough to be able to get what will hopefully be the last of the filling on the first hump:

So the plan for Thursday is to final finish the first hump and hopefully get the second hump bonded into position wit the rough fibreglass filler work done so it has plenty of time to go off for a full day up the workshop on Saturday.

TTFN

Mac