View Single Post
Old 27th July 2011, 16:56

Inspace is on a distinguished road
Default interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostraloom View Post
Hi there! Some time ago I posted a request for any info on the classic replicas product, because I was interested in buying a kit and having it sent to the USA. I see that since that time, some others have had some bad experiences and posted them here, although very little specific info. I decided to purchase the kit anyway. It was received stateside in Sept, 2010. I would first like to say that the people of Classic Replicas have always been very helpful, although not always the fastest in getting back to me. More recently, they have made a huge improvement in this matter, and usually get back to me within 24 hours. I know that there is some speculation about the origin of the body molds they use, and I have to admit that the pictures on his web site look alot like deons, however the body that I received looks considerable different, particularly around the quarter glass which is recessed and the roof over it, which carries the rain gutter lines like the original. I will admit that the nose of the car is lower than it should be, but it may be that whatever car it was molded from had been hit in the front at some time. ( I don't imagine that many dino owners with imaculate cars have ever offered to have their cars splashed with fiberglass. Any way, I am generally pleased with what I got. According to Gordon, He is in the process of making new moulds, which is entirely possible given that he has a dino gts in his shop. Certainly this would enable him to make a perfect copy. I was at his shop last March and saw the dino he has. It is clear that Gordon is working hard to improve his product. It has changed considerably over time. Last year, he redesigned his frame to closely resemble a dino frame. I believe that mine was the first of them ( I saw my frame right next to the dino frame in his shop. He also now uses floorpans and bulkheads copied from the original. I would like to encourage people to go to his shop and see what he is doing over there. Is his product perfect? No. But his effort is showing and I think his product is promising. I wish Gordon would post some pictures of his more recent stuff on his web site.I am certainly willing to send some of my pictures if anyone is interested. I will glad talk to anyone interested via my email at nostraloom@yahoo.com.
Hi Nostraloom,
Sounds like you may be the missing happy customer. Those bad comments you mention that have been posted that aren't so specific! Maybe I can help you with that. This company has at least 2 other customers money, Large sums of Money. £10,000 +. They have not produced cars for them and in fact refuse to complete the cars. They have given endless deadlines and not achieved them. They do not want to communicate but simply offer a non descript part built car for these customers to take away at their own expense. Another customer took the offer of the part built car as he wanted to own a Dino. He has not yet got it on the road and says it cost a fortune to correct it. Modifying the front & rear suspension. I know customers now are not getting replies to their emails in 24 hrs so you are very lucky and to speak to Gordon himself I would say priviliged.
You say you received your kit in Sept 2010, again very lucky because the company went into liquidation in 11th May 2010 (easily checked at companies house mate) But luckily for you they started again with the same guy running the show in Nov 2010. Yes you guessed it Gordon Ainsby. So I guess you wouldn't notice the difference.
So you came and visited the shop did you, when was that exactly?
I would love to see a picture of your finished car, why don't you post it, even with the droopy nose I am sure it looks great. Come on!
Gordons original Dino, you saw that too are you saying, the one he has taken new moulds from. Wow, I wish I could have been there with you.
Did you order all your parts on line then or from a parts catologue? When it came to building your car did you have a build manual? If you have photo's of the build we would really love to see that?
How did you overcome USA immisions was that hard?
Must dash but I am really looking forward to speaking to you again.
One last thing did Classic Replicas 02 (not 07 or 09) get all the parts to you or did you have to source the mechanics yourself?
I just wondered because it would be expensive to ship a second hand engine when you had a lot of donor's there.