View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2023, 20:06

couerdelion is on a distinguished road

Another few hours done this week

So I started on the fuel pipe and following the instructions on here (Ericholm's thread) I cut and trial fitted the metal pipe and flexible tubing. I'll be honest, the pictures on the thread make it look easier than I found it. A lot of pulling and twisting befor eI got everything removed.

Waiting on polyurethane adhesive from Amazon. Then I'll properly seal the metal pipe in and that'll do till I come to fit the rear.

Next was the windows. I removed the one I had fitted as I 'm going to need to get them both powder coated. Also need one rewelding. One of the fixing points just had a tack weld on. As I drove in to the industrial estate I saw a bloke welding so went round and had a chat. He offered to weld it for free so I'll drop it over next week then he's a contact who powder coats so all good.

Managed to give the roll cage a couple more coats of hammerite after giving a good clean down - was mainly the upper surface where the issue was. Had to go to Screwfix to buy more hammerite as the old can was solid.

I then got the old cut dashboard refitted and placed the new dashboard up against. Will fix properly when the adhesive arrives.

Last job was cutting out the vent in the bonnet. Needs a bit of filing but looks ok for now.

Just want to check on the roof piece - does it fit like this?