View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2022, 18:35

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Lengthy queues and charger rage were my thinking too, which is why I suggested that a 60 mile round trip will be about the limit for the Honda e. During the video there are a couple of occasions when he has to switch to another charger because the first one he tried wouldn't work. What happens if other people are waiting when you try to move from one to the other? My guess is that wouldn't end well.

Also, the number of charging points needed is going to be phenominal. The college I worked at had over four hundred parking spaces and one charger. My local Tesco has around 200 spaces and two chargers, which always seem to be occupied when the store is open.

There are currently estimated to be 370,000 electric cars on UK roads and their users are already having to wait for a charger. If we replace all of the fossil fueled cars currently registered in the UK, almost thirty-three million of them, with plug in electric cars, the queues will be five miles long in every direction and traffic will come to a complete standstill. We got a good example of that when there was a fuel shortage a couple of months ago. It was chaos with roads blocked by queuing vehicles all over the country. I joined the queue at my local filling station and there was nearly a riot when a staff member came out and told all the 4x4 owners that they were out of diesel. A few minutes later a white van tried to jump the queue by driving in the exit, only to throw a fit when he found that the diesel pumps were dead. How I laughed.

The future of motoring is electric. The future of motoring is dystopian.

Last edited by Mister Towed; 2nd January 2022 at 18:41..