View Single Post
Old 8th April 2014, 19:02

swifty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Swifty - Good to see another Spitfire based build on the go.

Given the improvements to the Navigator body shell and internal framework, you should have an easy build.

OK, there is no such think as an "easy" build, but at least it will not be my Cordite based nightmare.

Although the sight of dismantled Spitfire, open driveway & tarpaulin are sending shivers down my spine.

I really hope that is a garage I can see in one of the photos and that is where the building will take place.

Good luck, Paul.
Hi Paul yes the build will be indoors, i'm trying to keep the majority of the muck outside, once the chassis is clean i will move indoors, thinking of having the chassis galvanized but will do the repairs and mods first.

Type 9 gearbox should be here in the next couple of days then i can sort out the adapter plate, make a cad drawing etc.

I have heard some stories about a few problems the cordite kit had one in particular with the body not being symmetrical but all has been rectified by the Ribble team, great job lads, i have seen first hand the navigator which looks great.

Looking forward to start the clean build instead of stripping old parts down but all in all it's being pleasurable so far.

Thanks AndyP85, will speak soon.

Last edited by swifty; 8th April 2014 at 19:17..