View Single Post
Old 11th September 2016, 07:17

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossnzwpi View Post
...Excuse my ignorance but are we looking at a car inspired by the Alfa 33 Stradale?...
If it helps, I've transferred some of au-yt/Graeme's previous posts here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by au-yt View Post
Something for the forum to discuss, a tirbute to the mid late 60s 2ltr race cars.
I call it a restoration recreation tribute to all things from that era a Mid-engine Berlinetta Tourer

Quote:
The car was a one off, chassis is a full space frame, engine is an early Alfa Montreal V8, gearbox is Renault UN1 with most of the body missing. But it had registration history. So ineffect I started again.
It was never intended to be a replica of any thing I would be interested in what your thoughts are as to what it looks like.
I am considering reducing the height of the spoiler.
Quote:
These cars were all inspiration with the 33 Stradale a big influence but instead of doing a Replica I wanted a bespoke design.

Quote:
I am enjoying the build and coming up with solutions but getting the styling correct as per was very important
I have stuck to the late 60s theme
The doors are 906 style with Lotus thinking that is a single beam with hinge at one end lock at the other.
The Steering rack is very early 912 Porsche. this was extended to get the geometry correct - 0 bump steer to toe out on the last part of travel.
The rear hubs are also specially remade the originals badly corroded. only I had a pattern made to use ALFA GTV rear bearings and drive shaft's.
The front uprights are Fiat 124 and bigger Wilwood 4 spot calipers
au-yt - Hi Graeme,

The more photos you post, the more amazing this project becomes.

It took me 4 years to get my car on the road and it still isn't painted, so 11 years and counting is an epic effort!

I am sure I am not the only one who would like to hear more about the whole story from the beginning.

Did you know it was going to be such a long build right from the start?

Or did you start with one idea that developed into something else?

Good luck, Paul.