View Single Post
Old 21st August 2017, 07:54

Welshkiwi is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
I think you are referring to the Z3 based 250SWB rather than the MX250 above. If so, I think the Kali rear is bolted and removable? I believe the coupe top is bonded to the windscreen though, so once in place, don't expect to move it.

I believe the MX250 is bonded front and rear.
Apologies Barber, should have kept my language clear. 250 SWB is what I am looking at but I can't bring myself to denigrate the top lines of the coupe with a Z3 hardtop unless I can convert it to something very close to the original lines. If I can't get my visuals to line up then it will be 250SWB coupe all the way without a doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
Why not a convertible and then modify a hard top to fit? I would imagine it would be cheaper considering the shipping. Being removable gives you the best of both worlds, saying that I had hard tops on my MGB, Stag, Etype and BMW, never used any of them and that is with the UK's weather, all they ever do is take up room in the garage.
Not much difference between the 2.8 and 3.0, the 3.0 being newer will always be more expensive. Comes down to whats available and price. Condition, mileage and price more important than 2.8 or 3.0. Don't go below the 2.8 or you will be very disappointed.
If you do your homework it could be worth your while buying all the parts from the UK and have them delivered with the kit, could save quite a bit on postage and import duty.
You are reading my mind Jaguar. As above reply tho just can't bring myself to destroy the beauty of the car with a bolt on unless it looks right. I do want function of open top as I was a Dax Rush runner, but it is not the be all and end all.
I'll be honest, I am about 80% fixed on the coupe, it is the engineer in me that is trying to wrestle with a "dual model"......I'll never learn!
Certainly looking at supplementing the kit with the extras I can get my hands on, already in contact with Chris about what are options for this. Rear screen is a definite.

Thanks for the engine info, I have reached decision that it doesn't really matter, it will be what ever comes along. Looking at a Dual Vanos 2.8 at present with only 45K miles on it so that is looking promising.
Cheers guys, appreciate it.