View Single Post
Old 11th March 2012, 18:54

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

Well, this weekend moved things on a-pace!

I got the chassis rolling and tried on the frame for size....

IMG_0862x450.jpg

I then cut the floorboards (anyone interested I got 18 exterior plywood which i will coat with resin and paint in due course - B&Q I got them to cut a 8'4' sheet into two bits 950mm x 700mm which required just a but of shaping and trimming.) The bits of wood I had left over will be used for the storage bin and other bits around the car so it won't get wasted!

IMG_4733x450.jpg

I then made up the frame for the petrol tank and a storage compartment behind the rear seats.... Everything is tack welded as my welder was playing us so I will get a bigger one for next weekend

IMG_4762x450.jpg

I then cut the frame for the door pockets I want to put in and mounted the handbrake pivot and handbrake lever - so that works now too!

IMG_4763x450.jpg

So all in all a good weekends work and several trial fits of the body to get things looking right. I did have to cut and tweak the frame to fit, although I kind of expected to do a bit of fiddling, so that wasn't a big trauma.

I still have the seat belt mounts to sort out and the welding to complete, but I am certainly where I wanted to be at this stage, so I am chuffed with the progress.

Next weekend I want to get all the welding done, and the storage bin lined, which will also form the inner wheel arches at the rear. I am going to do a lot of that while the body is off. And I am going to start on the wiring!