View Single Post
Old 18th July 2015, 18:07

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Whoo Hoo, now the real fun begins!

Thanks for posting those pics up Paul, that saves me doing it and that seems like so long ago now!

As far as initial body and frame fit is concerned, I remember I did a lot of jiggling around to get the wheels where I wanted them to be in the shell and then getting all mentally prepared to lower my radiator like I did with the Sammio.
But then I roughly positioned the frame, body and bonnet and it all just fitted and covered everything!
And that was over my straight 6 with a normal rad. In fact I remember phoning Mike to double check that it was meant to "just fit" without having to lower anything and being very happy when it did

In case it helps.... If I were to do it all again I would screw the doors and bonnet in place while you do the initial frame and body fitting and then when it's roughly bonded in place and the main tub can't move about, only then take the doors and bonnet off! I had a few alignment issues on my doors because I didn't do that. It wasn't hard to fix, but it would have been so easy to avoid in the first place