View Single Post
Old 12th September 2017, 19:17

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
Good to see you Friday Towdie ....

I actually saw you around about Southsea on the motorway Saturday morning ...you were motoring on quite nicely heading towards Goodwood ..looks good on the move ...
Cheers Gary, it was nice to catch up with you too and thanks for bringing those spares along.

It was a weekend of coincidences in fact, you saw me on the motorway, on Friday morning a chap who'd read my ad the night before followed me into the Goodwood parking area and was thrilled to see the car in the flesh, and as I was leaving on Saturday I bumped into Slarti (was good to see you again Paul if you're reading this).

And yes, my Spyder really does go well and handle confidently, the trick is to use softer springs than most people seem to favour. I have 180lb Spitfire springs on the front and took one leaf out of the main rear spring stack in addition to the three loose ones. That keeps the tyres in contact with the road surface rather than have them hopping about, after all, the tyres can't grip if they're in mid air.

Anyway, best of luck with your Formosa, it'll be nice to see some new builds starting.