View Single Post
Old 27th April 2017, 08:47

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

I do wish you hadn't mentioned my flappy lugs on a public forum, it's my problem and I have to live with it

However the cars is showing no signs of cracking!
Although taxed and MoT'd I haven't been using it on the road so it hasn't been stressed but I don't think it will be a problem as the layup seems pretty thick and strong.

I have had the sills painted in the final colour, my preparation leaves much to be desired (F**king awful), on a brighter note the colour looks great. Hopefully it is going to my painter on Friday, famous last words.
I am hoping for a reveal at the BBQ if all goes well (and that bastard Jeff doen't bring his car with the flawless paint finish!), if it doesn't all go well I'm moving to another country. Hoping Smash will be there so I can park next to him (mean but I just can't help myself).

I think the problem with the bonnet needing slicing to bring it in is not the bonnet itself but the bonding paste used to fix inner and outer sections together, a bit too much paste and the wings are pushed out everso slightly, the slice just brings them back to the correctly moulded position so the bonnet shouldn't be under any extra strain. So far only one car has had problems in this area as far as I know.

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 28th April 2017 at 09:14..