View Single Post
Old 15th October 2021, 15:51

deni is on a distinguished road

I don't know if the previous owner has ever changed the brake pipes, and if so, I don't know when. Even though the brake and the fuel pipes look to be in good condition, I have decided to replace them. I've decided to use Cupro-Nickel (Kunifer) pipes instead of copper ones. I bought a pre-made set and they look and feel strong, yet easy to bend and install.

IMG_3129.jpg

I have never done this before (like most things I have done so far in this build) and I was curious if I will be able to do this. It's going well so far I think. As you can see from the photos below, I have managed to change the back brake pipes.

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

I found a bit of surface corrosion below the front brake splitter (where the brake fluid was dripping I guess), so I will first clean, apply rust treatment and paint this area before replacing the front pipes. I guess I could replace the line splitters too while I am at it, but I am not sure if that is necessary. Again, any advice is welcome.

It was already getting dark by the time I wanted to do this, so I will finish the job next time I am in the garage.

IMG_3140.jpg

I will also replace the rubber brake hoses when they arrive. They are not in the stock at the moment and are on back order with Rimmers.

So much for now.

Cheers, Deni.

P.S. I am not sure what is the build progress of other Miglia builders - I am curious how the other builders are progressing and how far on they are. Come on peeps, let us know how it's going ;-)

Last edited by deni; 15th October 2021 at 16:03..