View Single Post
Old 15th February 2012, 20:54

Inspace is on a distinguished road
Red face Gordon mentioned his sympathy for Nostraloom.

Here is some news on Classic Replicas and Gordon Ainsby.

When I visited to attempt to identify the car sold to me owned by another customer who attended at the same time we met Gordon. Although he claimed that the forum had no effect on his business he was not happy about it. He mentioned the comments about Nostraloom and said how sorry he felt for him. He didn't however feel sorry for me having taken 10k for a car he didn't own or for the owner who he has taken even more from and supplied with nothing then sold the car.
He made no effort to apologise what so ever to either of us or offer any resolution.
The part built car is now dumped outside his workshop on the roof of a container covered in plastic. It has not progressed since I last saw it in way. He is refusing to continue building the car or offer any refund to either of us. The previous owner and myself were unable to find a chassis no and neither
could Gordon, that was after all 3 of us searched. I have the engine number though so if anyone is offered a part built car with an alpha engine beware.
AR 06412 *005825*
Gordon is making no attempts to repay either of us or complete this car. He has not contacted us either although he is aware we are both wanting a refund.
I have asked an independent mechanic to value this car who has seen it and he feels that it would need huge modification to become roadworthy and estimates it's value at less than £3000 in it's present condition.

I have been contacted by another customer who is building a site in honour of Gordon Ainsby and his many business's requesting any facts related to my experience and others I know of. If anyone would like to pass me information I will forward it and post a link to the site once it is uploaded.

Lastly I do value the support given from other members on this site and for those who did not have a bad experience with this company I wish you well and happy motoring.

I have also found what seems to be a reputable car builder with genuine engineering expertise if anyone is interested please IM me