View Single Post
Old 4th June 2012, 13:52

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike55 View Post
There are at least two others on this forum who have waited longer than 3 months and whose patience is also wearing a bit thin, so welcome to the queue!

It must have been a bit of a nightmare for Gary of late and if I were in his place I would probably had a breakdown by now, but I hope that under the new arrangements the company is now in a position to speedily complete the unfulfilled G46 orders/conversions and in that respect I hope to have positive news from Sammio Cars VERY shortly.
This is one of the reasons I have made the decision I have.....

When Andy approached me with his proposition , the timing couldn't have been better ...things were/are starting to get on top of me ....whilst I cannot complain about the success of the product , a two man outfit cannot perform miracles.....we try , but its not always possible.

When Nike talks about breakdowns , hes not too far from the truth ! It has been tense on occasion and I have not had a proper nights sleep in about 2 years , waking up in the very early hours and spending the rest of the night thinking about finances , deadlines , which customers to keep happy , who to pi$$ off etc. is not healthy , it affects work , homelife , everything...

The product we sell is cheap , thats a factor in its popularity. Downside of that is quantity is what keeps the doors open....the workshop has to generate money EVERY week , it doesn't always do that. We have to juggle jobs in an attempt to keep people happy but also create income. I have been very lucky , most of my customers are pretty good , Adrian included , and have supported us with no question. I started this with no money , no loans , no overdraft , no worries....still running with no assistance financially just worries !!
I take great comfort from the fact my customers believe in us and the products.

Last year I made a few mistakes ...we seriously under quoted jobs on quite a few cars ...me being the kind of guy I am , stuck to my quotes even though nothing was written down , result - we lost money on those peoples cars.

Add to that the 550 development at a cost of about 5-6000 and a sale of the project after a few sales of 2500 , that wasn't great either.G46 investment that is still showing no return ( will need to sell about 15 to get square ) , then we have all the ignored utility bills from previously that caught up with me all around the same time etc etc. and to cut a long story short , we sold something like 60-70 kits , built a few cars and had no money left !!

So , basically , what I am trying to say is , the G46 has suffered a little due to the popularity of the other cars and the need to get funds in asap.

It made it very difficult to finish the factors on the G46 I had to do to offer it in kit form. We have sold 3 so far and they have all been supplied differently as I haven't yet standardized the frame.

Clearing the decks a little is going to get the G46 sorted - fact.

Unfortunately , the first few of you are suffering as a result of my limited time I have been able to give to the car ....Ironically , its the car that owes me the most money but I just haven't been able to get on with it.....

Anyway , you're not interested in my life story or excuses ...you want to know whats going on.

We are switching back to one of my part time laminators this week....his first few jobs are G46's.

We have Adrians package to do , Dan's and WCA's as well as Nike's kit fit.
I found time last week , with Mike , to get the framework standardized , so no hold ups there either.
Its a mammoth body to produce and therefore not as fast as the Spyder/Cordite to create, but I would hope to have your kit fully ready for delivery within the next 2 weeks ....WCA just after and Dan just after that...

Nikes will develop alongside these in the next few weeks as well.....My department

Patrices is about to get hit hard for its preperation for the bodyshop as well...Mikes department.

I am genuinely sorry about the hold ups with this car ....we have had no issues at all with the Spyders up to now , but just too much on my shoulders....Andy's actions are a life saver !