View Single Post
Old 4th June 2012, 15:46

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE
I'd guess there are a fair few people around with pretty little open top (& damp) sports cars that would not be in the happy position of kit car ownership had you not created the range...[/QUOTE]

That's certainly true in my case. I'd always wanted a classic Porsche replica - a 356 Speedster, 718 RSK or early 911 (never really liked the 550 though), but knew that I would never be able to justify the £14 to £16K necessary to build one properly. Just as I'd resigned myself to building a beach buggy Gary turns up with a car that looks every bit as stylish as the Porsche replicas (to my eye), with a realistic build cost of less than a third of the average kit car.

As for the delays in filling G46 orders, that's the nature of the automotive industry at every level I fear. I once bought a very expensive new motor car from a franchised dealer. Having paid a sizeable deposit delivery dates came and went, phonecalls went unanswered and sales people evaporated when I went into the dealer to find out what was happening. Which turned out to be the dealer going into recievership. I eventually got my car but there was a long period where I thought thousands had gone down the Swanney.

Buying something as left field as a Sammio is always going to be more of a risk than playing it safe with a Caterham, but I feel what Gary needs sometimes is a little patient prompting rather than a browbeating. I think he's done pretty well staying in business this long and selling, and, crucially actually supplying as many Spyders as he has so I'd like to think you'll get your G46's eventually. Even if I don't think they'll ever be as pretty as a Spyder...

Anyway, that's me done with the soap box for now. Next!