View Single Post
Old 8th June 2012, 08:49

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Hi all, and thanks for all the positive messages.

Sorry I've not been as active on the forum this last week as I have usually been but I took a week away from the computer to put my own ship in order once I took the Sammio helm.

Things are moving, some more tectonically than others but my own processes are largely in place, the web site is launched, and will continually be improved, both technically and in content, the unit in Preston has been set up and I'm working with couriers to work out a delivery service at minimum cost passed on to the customer. (This may take a week or so but I'm looking at shipping a few advance kits 'up North' to economise on the transit costs). Of course, as production will, at least for the foreseeable future, be based in Dorset, Gary has kindly offered to continue to act as a distribution point for those customers wishing to collect (or have their kits collected from) his workshop.

As Gary said in his post, we will be working very closely together to maintain and grow the Sammio brand. His real strengths are in the design and build of these fabulous cars and by taking the retail effort away, he will be able to devote his own efforts in that direction. Once the G46 is ready for mainstream sales, I will be negotiating a deal with him to bring the product into the Sammio fold. Until that time, he has orders outstanding which he will be dealing with in Dorset. I hear on the grapevine he has some other ideas that may be developed over the year(s) to enhance the product range but more of that when any of them are ready (Certainly not going to put any pressure on).

I see great value in this forum and will be continuing to contribute and enjoy your company. I will also be starting a thread here and there when I think a customer's point of view will help, such as one I'm about to start regarding a 'bonnet badge'. Feel free to ask any questions regarding this move and, as long as the answer would not have commercial implications, I'll answer as quickly as I can.

Thanks again.
Andy