View Single Post
Old 11th June 2015, 11:24

Scottie22 is on a distinguished road

I have spent the morning on the car again, and still cannot face having to do the nearside door again, so I have just left it for now, it won't fall off at least!

I have finished the mopping, and got busy with the Mer, the shine has improved and I suffered with "snow-blindness" and had to go and get some sun-glasses!

The temp repair to stop further crack-damage on the bonnet has worked and I have touched it up with paint.

After almost two years of hard work, I decided I would NOT re-spray the car, and would learn to live with the tiny imperfections in the paint-work, so that is why I went ahead with the polish.

Ed, you are most likely right about the castor adjustment, you seem to be right about everything else, and I would not argue with you!

All these companies that build "new" XKSS's, slavishly follow the tradition of the short-nose D Type route, possibly quite rightly, and it just occurred to me that I probably have the only long-nose version of an XKSS in the world!

(Which of course is what I wanted)

And after such a long hard slog have earned the right to a smug smile about that!