View Single Post
Old 8th May 2019, 20:36

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. For anyone else doing this with an MR2 Roadster I meant to say fit new drop links on the rear as it makes removing the old drop links that much easier with only one end to undo.

Spurred on by the coil overs I spent a couple of hours today working my way through the remains of the to do list.

Sorted out the gap on the passenger side bonnet/bumper join and at the same time reworked the brackets supporting the outer edge of the MRS200 bumper on each side to stop the tyre fouling on full lock.

Then sorted out the alignment on the drivers side...

The tops of the doors required a bit of work. I had already purchased a pair of rubber stops (Land Rover Defender) which I fitted on each side to provide some support in the top corner. This helps when closing the door and stops most of the rattles in that area.

Doors lineup better but I need to still stiffen up the window frame part of the door skin on each side as they move about a bit too much for my liking. Thanks Nostromo for sharing with me how you did this on yours.