View Single Post
Old 20th March 2010, 08:33

Crocus is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the question Chris. I've had a few similar private messages over the last couple of weeks, I think the warmer weather's got everyone thinking about the summer. I'll try to cover everything here.

Hopefully this will answer everyone's questions but please keep the questions coming if there's anything I haven't covered, its great from my point of view to know that there's plenty of interest.

Firstly where and when can people see our car? I decided in January to hold the launch off until I can offer both the GT and the GTS. This means completing tooling for both cars and as such requires more time but the first GTS shell has already been taken from our moulds and is currently being refined after which the moulds will be finalised. I'm still looking at first viewings being this summer. I'll let everyone know as soon as they're ready and I'll put some pictures on this site.

I will be offering a 2 year guarantee (UK mainland) on all turn-key cars and for the first year of production only turn-key cars will be offered.

I'll try my best to cover all the issues found on many Deons that have been resolved for the D2.

The distance from the rear wheel to rear edge of the doors has been increased by 75mm.
The fuel capacity and range has approximately doubled.
The height of the bonnet has raised 65mm.
Below the number plate there is a wide vent with a round vent to either side.
The lengths of the front wings and width of the wheel arches have been equalized.
The width of the front of the car has been increased by 65mm, correcting the gape between the front and rear edges of the front wheel arches when viewed from the front.
The height of the rear of the car has raised 40mm at the edge of the boot lid.
The panel gaps are nominally 3mm and the doors close flush with the body.
The bonnet is symmetrical and hinged from the front edge.
The boot and engine bay have separate covers mounted on stainless steel multi pivot hinges
The GTS has a locating peninsular at the rear of the back of the roof
The rear window of the GTS is recessed making the strip of roof at the rear wider.
The headlamps are recessed.
The interior central tunnel is half round in profile with a trapezoidal console.
The engine cover has 7 vents per side.
The bonnet badge recess is centred
The position of the front indicators has been corrected
The bumpers use the original rubber inserts
The wheel hubs are the correct stud pattern for Chromadora or Campagnola wheels and are designed to correctly place the bearings for the low offset of these wheels.
The turning circle is similar to most family cars.
The width of the foot well has been increased such that most people will be able to drive the cars easily.
The hand-brake is at a readily accessible height.
The driver's and passenger's seats face dead ahead with the peddles directly in front of the driver.
Space is available at the side of the clutch peddle to rest your foot off the clutch.
The brakes are servo assisted.

There are probably a few more things that belong on that list but hopefully I've covered all the main ones. Notably our cars are a tribute to the later model 246 sold in the UK up to the end of the Dino's life in 1974. These cars being the 3rd major revision of the Dino. The first being the short wheelbase 206 and the second being the original 246 with a tapered bonnet, front bumpers hooked into the front air intake, manual windows and clap-hand wipers (we offer the wipers as an option). There are a few things we offer that aren't as per the original such as climate control, ABS and power adjustable peddles but all the important stuff is as it should be.

If anybody has a Deon or any similar replica and needs work doing to improve its current condition please feel free to approach us.

Kind Regards

Tom Marr