View Single Post
Old 5th July 2017, 19:03

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deni View Post

I have a few questions please:

There are two small attachment points there on the front of the frame, where the dashboard will be - I guess they are for the steering column?
Yup and they should be the right distance apart for the U bolt that mounts the Triumph column to the old tub. "should" being used based on experience here! I had to cut and re-weld mine, others used Garage Adjustment Device No.1 i.e. a big hammer!

Quote:
Two attachments on the top back corners of the frame (just behind the seats) - are they for the seat belts ?
yup.

Quote:
The petrol tank area is on the back of the car - I know that many of you have placed your petrol tank at this position but is it safe to put it there and would it be safer to mount it behind the seats?
There has been some discussion about this over the years with the various Sammio / Ribble / Migilia designs and i think the thinking the last time i remember was that it's as safe as any motorbike!

Quote:
The fiberglass floor panels - is it necessary to put anything in between the chassis and the floor panels, like some kind of rubber (possibly neoprene), or another kind of a sealant like silicone or a Tiger seal, or is it enough just to bolt them to the chassis?
A nice thick bead of Tiger Seal all along the contact points does the trick, adds some sealant between the gaps (not that you'll drive it much in the rain) and also adds some strength.

Quote:

When I bought the chassis, there was a piece of a double sided sticky tape of some kind (green stripe on the photo below). The green bit could be peeled of exposing a sticky, soft, rubbery kind of tape. Is this something that can be used in between the chassis and the floor panels maybe?
someone has gone a bit Blue Peter and used some double sided sticky tape with one of the sides still covered to add some padding. That'll work and stop rubbing, but if it's not the proper external stuff like they use to put number plates on with, i'd worry how long it would last and, for us, if it would trap moisture!

I hope that's some help?
Dave