View Single Post
Old 17th March 2019, 10:55

K.C.NewbieUk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff H View Post
I recently bought this unfinished project,

It is based on a 1975 Datsun 260 Z, the chap spent five years building it in his spare time, he has bought quite a few parts for the car so it is almost 100 per cent complete.

It drove on and off the trailer, the engine seems ok at 1st look, obviously it has had some welding being a RHD UK car, we still salt the roads here and I don't think they were that well under sealed from new.

The kit has been fitted well, he spent a fair bit of time on getting the wheels centered in the arches and making good all the panel gaps.

He also lengthened the bonnet by about six inches toward the scuttle.

The car is currently in primer and has been for some time, this will all have to come off as it was the crappy cellulose stuff which is well known for sucking up moisture and will only come and bite me in the arse at a later date if not removed.

Plans are to remould the bonnet and boot lid as they are way too thick, replace the rear window for the proper 250 one, do the interior and paint.

I have the proper dash for the car but sadly all the gauges are Smiths ones so will need to sort that out.

I am not a fan of the F badges so will leave them off until it is time to sell, I do intend to use this and keep it for a bit 1st any way.

It wont progress much for a few weeks just yet as I have a couple of long termers in the workshop and have limited space to work on it.

Ok pics.

The last picture shows how crude the boot lid has been mounted, I will be picking Gary's (Lancelot Link) brains for a better solution to mounting it.
Absolutely awesome.