Thread: Darren's MX250
View Single Post
Old 5th November 2016, 17:36

TAZ is on a distinguished road

Thanks Roadster and Ned for your offers of help, I very well may take you up on them. Ned, I think I met you at the kit car show last May, and asked you lots of questions then - but I didn't realise you were so close.

So I realise that I still have quite a bit of faffing to do before starting the kit in earnest. Today I finished spraying my crash cans and tow hooks, as they were pretty rusty, and I filled where I had ground out the surface rust on the chassis rails, ready for undersealing tomorrow. I also want to bleed the brakes tomorrow and I want to get underneath and change the gearbox oil and transmission oil.

I've also just ordered a set of coilovers to put on, primarily because I want to lower the height a little.

So I've been thinking about preparing the roll-cage. I will probably just spray satin black, but what have people used to rub it down, and what primer should I use?

By the way, as a complete novice, everything has been a learning experience even in the dismantling process, so if anyone needs any help in describing things in detail, then I can probably help with that.