View Single Post
Old 17th August 2015, 16:19

smash is on a distinguished road

Andy - yes the sill gap was greater on the passenger side but remember this was the prototype and Nubodi built this to a tight time scale. There are a few things they will do differently on the next build from what's been learned.

If you look at Mobilerobbie's black coupe you'll see no issues with the sill gap and of course they're the same part so I guess it's just down to time available in prep. The clam had also been modified in development which also had an effect.

I did talk to Richard about the gap between the leading edge of the door and the clam and he was very open about it - basically because the front opens as clam and swings in such a way it needs the gap to stop it nipping the top of the door. But as Richard said to me, do you go with larger gaps all round to match (definite no!), do you try and taper the gap which would look odd? There may be a solution that looks marginally better but remember what the car is and the low costs of the kit.

I guess you could do the TVR trick and curve the leading edge of the door skin in!

It's the price you pay for such unrestricted access to the engine bay when the whole front comes up - and access really is fantastic.

On a black car it will be less noticeable but you can see the same gap on Robbies car.

I did a very short walk around vid of the car which I'll try and stick on youtube. Remember the demo car is stock ride height - excuse my Essex twang!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZvzwxJ9uXg

Last edited by smash; 17th August 2015 at 16:39..