View Single Post
Old 28th March 2012, 19:45

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

Started to get the wiring in this evening. I modified the Vitesse loom by stripping it down and then hanging it in the car where I wanted it, then wrapping it all up with black tape. I then extended or shortened the wiring where necessary, and soldered all the joints, covering them with heatshrink tubing. I used the same coloured/guage wires out of a couple of secondhand Triumph looms that I won on ebay. Hopefully that will help minimise any problems in the future.

I am putting in a centre console, so hence the mess in the middle for now. I will tidy that up later.

It is a lot easier with the body off, and I think I am nearly there now, with a couple of other minor bits to sort out.

I am tidying the wiring up considerably, by running all the engine bay cables low down and branching up where needed. Again all wrapped in black tape to hide it as much as possible.

Hopefully the weekend will be nice and as there won't be any fuel to get anywhere, I will have to stay at home and get the body fibreglassed on!