View Single Post
Old 20th April 2015, 06:45

Rickard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Hi Rickard

May I add my welcome too -it is great to see a new build appear, and I'm sure you will develop a strong following as you progress.

There is at least one other e39 Sportster build on the go - he is "Well North" too - somewhere around Aberdeen!. His name is Cameron Mitchell - on here as "Cammy". He started his project with an M52TU engine, but after some hard won advice from other builders elected to go with the same engine as yourself - the M52B28.

Cameron's blog is here:
http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ighlight=Cammy

From what Cameron has described, the kit sounds very good, making use of the entire e39 rear sub frame which is secured with just 4 bolts - so easy. Installing the engine is bit more tricky though - you'll see we've all had our head scratching moments over getting it aligned in the chassis/bonnet!
(- mine is a Cabrio, but has essentially the same steel chassis from which the Sportster was developed)

Good luck, and keep posting photos of your progress.

Mike
Thank you,
Yes I have secretly followed you both before I selected what to build of and I can only agree what kind of problems I think I can get into - and I am very happy about how you both have taken pictures and documented all of different situations there can be into this kind of building kit cars.

I think there is the most scary moment - the electrical wiring to get everything to work as before or how it should work... and what and how I should cut/skip different parts to my car.

One other thing I am thinking about is this with ABS brakes - should I or must I install it to get everything to work properly.... I have not decided yet what I should go for....

//Rickard