View Single Post
Old 27th August 2018, 15:46

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Talking Woo Hoo

Having been primed by Lucky@LeMans, who I also bumped into there, today's sortie in the A352 was to the Pershore Abbey Classic Car Show. It's about 25 miles from home up the largely deserted and very scenic and twisty A38. The drive up was bliss - I'm now very pleased that the two muppets failed to honour their bids .

I've not attended it before and was pleasantly surprised at the level and well tended grounds. Already, at about 0915, there were many interesting and varied vehicles on display, their numbers swelling throughout my six hour stay. My favourites were an Alfa Spyder (AKA Moss Mamba ) that I'd seen before at Shelsley Walsh, and a glorious and correctly coloured Ferrari Dino.

The A352's berth was between an HA Viva and a Jowett Jupiter which I'd initially mistaken for an XK Jaguar as I approached.

Just as on Saturday, I was besieged by interested punters, one of whom had worked at Browns Lane with Norman Dewis, another who showed me pictures of his Lynx (or whatever) 'D-Type', and a third who'd been offered two real ones in the 60s for £750 the pair! The only down side for me was the lack of a doughnut seller, otherwise a brilliant day out.

Regards, Mick