View Single Post
Old 21st February 2013, 23:33

Fibreglass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmos View Post
Hi, Your body shells are superb, but i think this car has issues and that possibly why it's being sold before it got completed.

For a start, it looks to me from the pictures that the chassis has been cut and shut to get the shorter wheelbase instead of replacing the full length of chassis tubes, i would not want to be in a fibreglass car 300 BHP that has had this done to it.......also the fact that the chassis length has been shortened would now mean this car would need to pass an IVA test to make it road legal (good luck with that)

And finally this car a soooo far away from being a runner even a track car in parts and labour that really you are only buying a dream or nightmare.

Please correct me on anything of my thoughts.
Thanks.
Hi there, thanks for your comments on my body shells, however I thought I had better correct you on the customers car. The person who has written the description for the auction is not correct, the car is NOT based on a 308GT4 chassis, it is in fact based on a 328 chassis (easily seen by the position of the handbrake) which only has a wheelbase of 0.4 inches longer than the 246 which can easily be lost in the wheel arches.
It therefore did not need any cutting, I think where the original floor has been removed it looks like it may have been cut. As the chassis has not been cut it will not require the IVA.
I do not wish to mention who my customer was but if you find this car on the Ferrari Forum then you will realise who they are and that they do build very good cars for both road and race use. I just supplied the bodyshell and they have done the rest.
I didn't mention it on here to try and sell it for them, it was just an example of what can be built using genuine Ferrari running gear.
I would just add that if anyone was thinking of buying a part built car then this although not cheap would make a very interesting project.

Hope this clears up any confusion.