View Single Post
Old 24th November 2014, 17:06

Scottie22 is on a distinguished road
Default Monday

A big thank you to Paul (lately) and the other lads that gave support at the appropriate time. Whingeing and whining, has no place on this forum, and I think you all made that quite clear.

Okay, moving on, so today I finished off welding up and painting the scuttle, or rather dash support frame, which is needed to replace the obvious Spitfire H frame.

The frame I have made up hopefully should be hidden anyway, and what I was trying to avoid, was a Spitfire owner looking at the interior of my car, and recognising it as a Spitfire donar.

When I have finished, there should not be one single thing inside the cars interior, which is Triumph made.

Every Triumph thing has been hidden, modified or replaced, to create a one-off Jaguar style cockpit.

I have used mainly genuine period Jaguar parts from the 50's and 60's
which I have collected and hoarded over the years, especially for the day when I decided to build a Jaguar one-off car.

I still have a 4.2 Jaguar E-type engine complete with triple carbs totally, and I mean totally re-built with new pistons and everything, plus a manual gearbox, back axle etc etc. which was to go in my XJ13 replica, but as I said earlier, the company went bust taking my 2.5k deposit with them.

All this stuff is no good to me now as the Triumph chassis will not carry all that heavy Jag equipment.

But what I will end up with will be a super one-off classic car that is ultra light weight, cheap to run, cheap to insure and repair, registered as an historic vehicle, tax-free, and does an awful lot more to the gallon than a Jaguar ever could, plus it will be very quick off the mark too.

Which are all the reasons I decided to build it in the first place.

Of course unlike a Jaguar-based car, it will not be worth telephone number

amounts of cash, but I'm not building it for profit, but to enjoy it.

Here are two pics of the frame:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]