View Single Post
Old 15th December 2018, 08:42

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up The list gets a little shorter.....

This last week or so I've nibbled away at the remaining tasks. I had help one day, removed the body and mounted the radius arm brackets at long last. The next day I spent a good while carefully measuring and re-measuring for the location of my handbrake multiplier bracket, and drilled its mounting holes. However, even with the car up on axle stands I couldn't fit it, access is just too limited - it'll have to wait until the body's off again. I neglected to take pictures of these operations.

Armed with a picture of a Monaco, I made the trip over to see the guys who'd sprayed the A352 and explained that I'd deliver it with the wings and bonnet etc. dismantled. We danced around a price and agreed 1st March as a start date. Cool!

I made a few on line purchases for my new Weber installation: manifold gasket; base gasket; air filter gasket. These have now all arrived, as has the throttle cable, whose locating hole in the transverse support I also drilled. Again no pictures.

On Thursday at about 0830 the nice lady from UPS delivered my manifold, posted in California on Tuesday. Amazing service! It's a beautiful casting, I'm absolutely thrilled with it .

I now need an air filter so that I can trial fit it all for bonnet surgery. They're very expensive new so I'm hoping to get lucky on Ebay......

Regards, Mick