Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 6th August 2011, 19:18
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktree11 View Post
Peter, thanks for the welcome!
The wishbones have indeed been modified by the previous owner. I only have the stage 1 kit (plus fuel tank) so hopefully I will get the modified wing stays when I get that far! I am a little bemused by the instructions - I had in my minds eye a little booklet with photos. Hmmm what I have is some typed sheets with hand drawings and referring to Sierra donor! Quaint really. I am really pleased that there are so many dedicated builders who have documented what they did! Not going to be starting for a bit, just re-wiring my garage!
I have the V5 too - its in the previous owners name but I think it has been marked as scrapped. Will that matter?
Hi John,
good news about the wishbones! The assembly instructions don't look much but do have all the necessary instructions and contains some little gems of info. I also, got a CD of photo's from Marlin, which were very helpful when I started but its all much better documented on Patrick's, Jason's or Robin's websites.
Its good you have the V5 but I'm not sure about the impact of the scrapped status. I kept mine on SORN until I registered the Sportster. I expect it will be OK.

Keep us posted on your progress....