View Single Post
Old 9th July 2010, 20:33
Enthusiast

Alfie is on a distinguished road

Evening all. Not posted for a while.... been a busy boy, so I thought I'd give a quick progress report.
I have sorted the wiring and worked out the runs front and back. The wires have been put into protective sleeving, so looks much better. Just a bit of tidying to do up under dash.
I have created possibly the worst looking dash in kit car history, mainly because I am desperate to get tested and on road but cant decide on a final dash or trim setup. This will do for now and I will sort properly over winter.
My son and I have spent hours setting up the exhaust system (side pipes,same as Gooster).... fitting, refitting, rerefitting etc. Finally happy that it was even both sides, left it for about an hour then heard a crash! Silencer rubber mount on driver's side had split apart! Maybe it was because it was left in a box in garage for years or maybe I put too much tension on it but on inspection it doesn't look very well made. Jason, I would check yours.
Today I have aligned both doors and fitted latches and catches.... both working fine and lined up rear tub, so gradually getting there. I have also repositioned a front brakepipe which Stuart pointed out was very close to exhaust.
Progress is finally being made!

Alfie