View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:00

Viatron is on a distinguished road

Best laid plans of mice and men, the workshop heater went bump so spent e whole day stripping it and rebuilding with a new fuel solenoid, main jet and thermal cutoff switch, then found myself sanding it all down and painting it......I need help!

That said Dave my partner in car crime was MIA today as he is off paintballing for his stag do, we're doing an alternative stag do for him me and a couple of other non paintballers next month, silverstone international track day in one of our other toys, an Audi a4 Quattro track slag.

Did get to spend an hour on the blast cabinet trying to salvage my calipers but in the end dug out the plastic and ordered a pair from Canley, at the rate it was going it would have been days before I was happy with them and I'm conscious that the rolling chassis needs to be done ASAP as its due in Preston in the near future.

Did get time to order some 3/8" and 5/16" UNF tap sets though as the first fun job will be clearing all the galv out of the threads on the chassis, not looking forward to that as I'm sure ill end up snapping one so went for the full set in each size so I have a taper, bottom and plug hopefully if I take it easy and use lots of lube I should be alright, as the bishop said to the actress........

Last edited by Viatron; 2nd March 2013 at 20:07..