View Single Post
Old 11th March 2013, 16:48

Viatron is on a distinguished road

I've ordered a few stainless ones from Canleys but won't fit them until after the body is on and I can get the roller to the setup guru who does the race car.

Good progress today the front suspension towers are both on now along with the front co livers. Also completely rebuilt one good rack out of two including painting, new boots and fitting it. Was going to use solid mounts for the rack but found a pair of polybushes in the tater box so have reverted to standard but with the polybushes.
Spent half and hour with the rotary wire brush in the angle grinder and took my 7/8" front ARB back to bare metal, it's hanging from the ceiling now drying after 2 coats of gloss black fortress metal paint so should be dry enough to fit in the morning, hopefully by the time I get home my mot recent Canleys order should be waiting for me which should mean that the front will be pretty much complete by this time tomorrow barring new wheel studs which I haven't ordered as I'm awaiting the arrival of a set of wire wheel conversion hubs. Hopefully will the diff in tomorrow and will then start on brake lines and stripping and refurbish the rear suspension whilst waiting from my swing spring kit from Canleys which I'm told could be a while yet as they are made to order.