View Single Post
Old 26th February 2011, 09:55

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

I know cr's try to claim they are nothing to do with jhc/deon but they were born from the ashes of them.I think the guy who started cr's was called gordon, and he originally traded from the same industrial site deon were on(he did something with hgv lorries-not sure what)right next door to one of deons units to be precise. I met gordon when I went to deon to collect my bodyshell.He and his son saw me entering the yard in my van with a traillor and came over.He said they(deon) had gone bust and they owed him money.I was taken into the back of their unit where they had a deon chassis,and varoius doen componants including a full floor pan for a dgt,that they were holding to ransom so to speak.I know they had all the deon stuff after the liquidaters went in because they contacted all of deon's customers past and present, offering any help needed to finish part built cars.
I know they have altered the chasis and removed some of the side impact protection rails deon had and they now use alfa mechanicals-but it is just really an updated deon/jhc.
I know there is a lot of bull these guy sprout.I've seen it first hand.I contacted jhc to inquire about the dgt in the 90's and was invited as a guest to view the car at stonely kit car show.I made a special journey there to find one empty stand-nothing.I then found they wouldn't answer the phone. Several weeks later deon was born and they carried on as jhc had left off.Happy to take your hard earned,but give nothinhg in return.And that seems the same today as it's always been.