Thread: IVA Application
View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2015, 21:47

morris is on a distinguished road

Hi Mike, yes it's still the V627/1. There was a separate column to fill in with the reg of the vehicle the various parts came from so I did that correctly but just not the serial number for each component with the exception of the engine number.

I guess the issue of what came from the donor is down to your definition of what is suspension and what is an axle. I'd classed the suspension as the springs, dampers, anti roll bars and arms but the axles as the hubs, drive shafts, stub axle etc. Basically everything else. The front of the sportster definitely doesn't use any arms, springs or dampers from the donor but does use the stub axle and the remains of a strut. I agree that the rear axle and suspension is all from the donor but the fact they want a yes/no answer to both axles rather than separately doesn't help in our case as it's a bit of pick and mix on the front. I'm sure that you previously could state the front and back separately. It's all left open to interpretation both with the person filling it out and the person assessing the application which is not very good really.

The application went in as is yesterday so we'll have to see how it goes. If they reject it because it's filled in wrong, I'll just have to correct and send back.

There is a statement with the V55/5 form saying that it's a very general form to cover all different types of registration application so you'd think, in that case, they'd have some flexibility on the info they're sent... but I won't hold my breath.

I'll argue for an age related plate but not at the expense of getting the car on the road. If you're building a replica I can see why a non Q plate would be desirable but in my case it's obviously a kit car so no point in getting embarrassed about the letters on the plate.

cheers
Ian