View Single Post
Old 18th December 2021, 11:09

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

The gauges aren't standard so they can be plug n play. Casamolino did the same thing a few years ago by cannibalising some old Veglia gauges and fitting the BMW internals in them but never had a working odometer.

The new Grassbank ones use the existing BMW motors in new custom pods. The oil temp and pressure gauge are actulay volt meters pretending to be oil temp and pressure gauges. There is a lot more inside them which is causing the illumination problems. The first set were simply too dark to see, they are all now much better except for the oil pressure gauge which looks as if the bulb has blown. It is so obvious when sat in line with the other instruments. I know Justin has put a lot of work into them but for the money I expect them to work and look good too.

The car I am currently working on is a 250 California but modified to be bolt on rather than glue on. Once I have got the instrumentation and interior sorted I will be fitting another in the Tribute 250 but don't want to have it off the road for long as I enjoy driving it.

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 18th December 2021 at 11:12..