View Single Post
Old 7th January 2015, 14:11

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road
Default I have a question...

The Berlinetta has/had inertia reel seatbelt fitted. They seem very low where they are mounted on the 'B' post. The slip through fitting which the shoulder belt slides through seems to be about 6 inches BELOW my shoulder.

I am using very low seats mounted directly to the floor. I am concerned, not just about the regulations/MOT but also if I were involved in a collision, I would like the seat belts to provide some protection, NOT to make the chance of a back injury worse, which I suspect a very low shoulder mounting could do.

Has anybody come across this before?

I have considered installing a roll hoop but at a later stage, I could use the roll hoop as an upper mounting for the shoulder point mounting.

Otherwise I seem to be faced with creating a turret above the side of the car to mount the shoulder mount at a suitable height. Is this 'Done' and can anybody point me towards a successful example please?

A couple of pix, the black kneeling pad is about the same height as my shoulder, 8 inches above the sliding top mount of the seatbelt. Way too high in my opinion.

Last edited by 8 Valve Ed; 7th January 2015 at 16:01.. Reason: Adding images