View Single Post
Old 4th April 2016, 18:52

morris is on a distinguished road

yep, Wales is not short on good driving roads. The gearbox is fine as far as I can tell and the prop seems sorted too. There's still a little vibration but I'm putting that down to stiff suspension, wheel fine balance and general buffeting at speed. It's not the most aerodynamic shape. Passengers don't seem to feel it but I'm very fussy about these things.

I don't actually think the issue is the battery. You don't even get the warning lights up on the dash and there would be enough power to manage that. My new battery is in the post so we'll confirm that soon enough. I think it must be a problem with the ignition barrel though why it only happens after driving the car for a while is very strange

I may check the calibration on my temp sensor and gauge. It may be just out a bit though they were a matched pair. Some of my gauges such as the fuel level have little adjuster screw in the side for calibration so I'll look into that.

I think you're right though Peter, it's not boiling over and staying pretty stable so may be nothing to worry about. I'll have to see if there's somewhere local that can do some louvres for me as a trip to Marlin is a bit far just for that.