View Single Post
Old 28th June 2017, 19:31

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I started working out the dash and stuff this week ...holes are cut but gauges aren't fitted yet ... A centre panel utilizing the framework that forms the front section of the tunnel seemed to be an obvious thing to do and keeps the dash uncluttered as well as giving it a race car feel ..The steering column has had the switch holes blanked off with rivetted aluminium plates ...

Battery cutout switch is mounted just in front of drivers door hinge points too ...

I have also made a start on door frames and hinges etc. The hinge plates I had cut have had a small section of 12mm tube welded to the 8mm pivot hole and oil lite bearings fitted into the tube ..an 8mm bolt acts as a hinge pin .
The internal frames are still ongoing , but I sprayed a bit of silver on them to highlight their styling ... They are fully functional ..pretty much done , I just need to add a couple of mounting tags so they can be fixed to the doorskins in both shuts and the bottom edge to avoid external fixings ...
The passenger side one took a bit of working out , but I will hopefully nail the drivers one tomorrow in half the time ...

I have been using a pattern set of doorskins to work it out - a new set of doors will be made and they will be flowcoated to match the body ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 28th June 2017 at 19:36..