View Single Post
Old 12th July 2014, 14:22

EL PRIMER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurcroft flyer View Post
Don't know what all this fuss is about with photos, I didn't see the miglia in the flesh, or meet mike or visited his work place. I just bought the kit. If you want one you will go ahead and buy it. A photo doesn't make a car the builder does, photos can make anything look great??????
The fuss over photo's is a complicated and ongoing theme on here.
The more they ask in the manner in which it is done , the less willing Mike is to pamper to the requests , so they ask again ! Its become a battle of wills in my opinion.

I agree with your sentiment above Thurcroft but surely if you didn't see one in the flesh and just bought the kit , what was your purchase decision based on ? Probably pictures !

And I agree , photo's can make anything look good . The Sammio has received some criticism on its symmetry issues recently on here , If you based your buying decision on reading the various threads relating to the horrors of measurement deviations you wouldn't go near the product , but there are a half dozen or so finished examples that appear to be , in their pictures , truly superb in my opinion and several more that look great, that haven't received major corrective surgery.

The Ribbles , Miglias , Tributes etc etc will also all fail the tape measure test
as do many original examples of classic race car. Having recently spoken to a friend building a 550 Spyder on this very subject , his Sammio 550 / was a modified Banham / was a modified M & W / was a modified Beck / was reputedly moulded from an original race car has many discrepencies in its symmetry too.

It is widely known Cobras have one door longer than the other , something that was highlighted when hardtops were being created and fitted , E types are miles out , bonnets for example supplied over size for the bodyman to trim back as desired as they are all a bit wrong . This list goes on and on .

Not trying to keep the argument going , every Miglia thread nowadays seem to end up going down the same path , which is a shame.

Last edited by EL PRIMER; 12th July 2014 at 14:33..