View Single Post
Old 27th November 2003, 12:20
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vojx
The closer your car is to being 'exact' the higher the regard. Pursuit of the exact replica is not the sort of thing I'm interested in. I actually wamted a Lotus Esprit, but was too tall for it. On looking at other options, I was smitten by the Litton. It was smaller inside than an Esprit, but being self-built I could make it fit me, not the other way round. Of course, putting different seats into the Esprit would've been far easier, but eventually not so much fun. So what I'm really interested in is self-built cars, and having fun in them. Concourse cars are just too anally-retentive for me, and I don't care if the chassis plate is an exact copy of the original, or if the dash warning light is the correct shade of red. It accelerates well, handles well and feels like a extension of my body. The wheels must be exact, but no larger than 15" diameter. . . etc. I don't want to knock such attitudes, but I don't share them. SO for my benefit, and to maybe exorcise my being the black sheep of the Stratos crowd I am evolving the bodywork to something much less Stratos-like.

Couldn't agree more with you. Spot on. Great looking car BTW

John

Madabout-kitcars.com