View Single Post
Old 13th January 2019, 13:37

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Dave - Thanks, I think I will try to create a better oval shape to match the hump.

As a perfect circle seems to highlight the fact the hump itself is not symmetrical (and doesn't need to be).

But me thinks you doth protest too much about my alternative uses for a leather sewing kit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Deni - I was actually thinking about that fish tailing episode driving back from the petrol station yesterday.

As, despite the fact it was raining, I made a conscious effort not to put my foot down in order get home quickly.

Looking back at the photos, I think the big circle reminds me of an old mantlepiece clock we used to have at home.

No worries on the advice front, that is what these forums are for and I couldn't have finished my build without support.

Mike - The only problem with turning the oval through 90 degrees is where my shoulders sit.
( I think I would also have the same problem with the 'traditional' hump shaped head rest. )

As the oval shape shown would only touch the bottom of my head due to the position of the seat.

But I am sure there will be a some more trial and error required before I start construction.

Meeting Mister Towed
Those of you following Deni's Miglia Build will have seen the recent debate about using a fibreglass bulkhead.

I then got a PM from Mr T asking if I still had my original Cordite fibreglass bulkhead.
( Which I had removed as part of Project Frankenstein HillBilly. )

So I had a rummage through my "might come in handy one day" stockpile at the back of the Summer House.
( Clearing this mess up is on my 2019 domestic "To Do" list. )

Unfortunately, this was all that was left of my original fibreglass Cordite bulkhead.
( I guess I had forgotten just how much recycling I did on my build. )

But I did find two front footwells that Mr T was interested in.
( Which look a lot better after I spent some time cleaning them. )

So this morning they were wrapped up and put into my Spitfire metal bulkhead footwells.

I also wrapped up an oil can to take with me, so I could top up before I headed home.

My plan was a quick blast around the M25 and up the M11 to drop them off at a "meet halfway" point.

I wore my open faced helmet, but at one point the wind was buffeting the helmet visor so much my vision went blurred.

Unfortunately, this section coincided with the junction I was supposed to turn off on, resulting in a significant detour.

But, almost 7 years after I joined the forum and started following Mister Towed's Tai Chi build we finally met.

We had a great chat over coffee and Mr T is just as nice in real life as he is on the forum.

We then had a quick blast along the A120, blast being the operative word, as the wind was very bracing in places.

Hopefully the next time we meet it will be a little (OK, a LOT) warmer.

Taking the M11 on the way home, the wind had moved up to brutal and it felt like I was being pushed in the face!

Until next time, take care, Paul.