Thread: Ribble News
View Single Post
Old 14th July 2013, 08:35

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Regular readers will have noticed that our news has now spread over several threads including Turnkey 1, Navigator II and Phoenix so this thread has been somewhat neglected for a couple of weeks. I'll try to summarise here but for specifics, the other threads will be the ones to follow.
  • We've taken an order for a Turnkey Navigator to head over to France. This car will be converted to Left Hand Drive, incorporate Two removable humps (A thought struck me that it would be useful to store the 'legal requirements' such as Breathalyser, Warning Triangle, spare bulbs, First Aid kit and flourescent jacket in a hump to save space elsewhere in the car). It will also be powered by the Triumph Straight six combined with a Type 9 Gearbox using the Canley's conversion kit. There are also some very interesting plans afoot regarding the finished colour scheme but more on that later.
  • Visitors to the unit can't help but have noticed a whopping great 1947 MG YA chassis sitting there. This is for a bespoke build for a keen customer over the winter. More on that as and when the customer allows it.
  • Pilot Turnkey 1 continues making progress. The cockpit is now lined, bonnet hung and being tweaked in prep for paint. Unless a customer is forthcoming before it goes, plan is for it to be painted in Aston Volcano Red with White detail.
  • Although currently away on business, Gaz has plans on fitting a slightly widened Navigator shell on a 'different' donor. We look forward to seeing that come to fruition and can't help but feel any expansion of possible donors must be a good thing.
  • Our own 'Winter project' has kicked off. More detail to come but this one may be a one off unless we get mega interest once it starts getting to 3D form. Without giving too much away, it's a single seater, will have to have IVA unless kept for track days and is an iconic car in its own right. We're looking forward to slowly leaking this one but as a taster, it's based on a 'Big Jag' as its donor.

Lastly, it struck us that as we're carrying out a Type 9 conversion, it may be a good idea to do two in parallel. If anyone is interested in a bolt on conversion with all the tweaking already done, please PM me and I'm sure we can come up with a mutually beneficial deal.