View Single Post
Old 19th July 2015, 08:39

EL PRIMER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iTim View Post
I see in one of daves photos the front cross member that the bonnet hinges from, there's mounting points that I don't have. Also at the rear it looks like my chassis (herald 948 coupe/convertible) has mounting points a little different to his too. More pics later

T
Tim , the first Sammio was built on a 948 chassis and when it went into production , the framework had to be altered as the later , 1200 style chassis are different.
The biggest difference was the box section itself , the earlier ones are flatter than the later ones , I cannot remember if they were the same section but laid on its side or just shorter sections but they are definitely not as tall. Also as you say the rear section is different and the front crossmember was different as well.
I dont know exactly how Mikes frame works but it will be a similar concept to the Sammio one , he definitely created his framework using the later style chassis , so , although I cannot stand here and say definitely , there is a chance your frame will need modifying to work for you .