View Single Post
Old 5th September 2015, 06:33

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Roadster - You are welcome to drop by and have a look at the car if you want (PM for details).

Yesterday I took a lot of positives from how quickly the driver's side corner progressed, compared to the rain delayed passenger side.

This fix was helped by simply accepting that the profiles of both bonnet corners will not be identical and it really don't matter.
( Especially given all my other symmetry issues I have to live with. )

Also seeing the bonnet close properly by itself (give or take a bit) was actually a significant milestone after all these years.

As when I first test fitted the kit, the Spitfire bonnet brackets prevented the Cordite bonnet from reaching the body shell.

When the Spitfire brackets were finally removed & my home made hinges fitted, the rear edge of the bonnet came up short.

Mind you, at that stage, that was a minor problem compared to the fact the driver's side wing was missing!

Looking back, I have clearly made great progress in a lot of areas, not just the bonnet, which is a good thing.

But the source of my frustration is the simple fact that most of this work should not have been required in the first place.

Which is why I absolutely love the latest Tribute kits, especially the SWB 250 range.

They not only look great, but are so cleverly designed to bolt into place and the car can still be driven too.

This was Eric's progress in a matter of weeks.

I really hope the new Sammio Spyder will follow this approach and be an easy build when it is launched.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ed - Actually the thought of lining my car up next to Mister Towed (plus Phil & Barry) is a big motivation for me.

Unfortunately, all my previous attempts at chocking the car have ended in failure.

Which is one of my biggest worries when the time comes to finally bond the body shell into position.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Need to get a few odd jobs sorted out before I can work on the car, but hopefully I'll have an update later on.

Cheers, Paul.