View Single Post
Old 31st January 2010, 17:38
Enthusiast

MartinClan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Robin

How does your Blaupunkt hook up to an MP3 player?
Does it have a cable/socket in to the back of it?

Was this a one off purchase on ebay?, or are there more available - it seems to suit fitting remotely, with relative ease?, and definitely worth considering.
What speakers are you planning to fit, and where will you mount them?

Mike
There is an aux input at the rear. I won't be using an MP3 player myself but I guess you could connect one here.

Yes - it was an new old stock purchase from ebay. The seller was "wilcodirect". I don't know if he has any more but it was a bit of a bargain at £35 - even if it is an old design. I also managed to buy an infra red remote for it for a tenner - which I probably don't need now.

It was pretty easy to remove the front panel and mount it remotely as long as you are handy with a soldering iron.

I am using some very small (4") speakers mounted in the rear quarter panels. They are a budget type from one of the better speaker makers (name escapes me atm. EDIT Vibe). They sound OK but you have to crank the volume up as they are not very efficient.

While we are on the subject of radios - has anyone tried one of those cheapy amplified aerials that sticks to the windscreen? I though it would be equally at home on the inside of the rear tub....

Robin

Robin