View Single Post
Old 28th December 2015, 09:53

casamolino is on a distinguished road

Good morning all , there has been a great deal of comment on the Nubodi thread ref my 250SWB , I should say that when I delivered the car to Richard at Nubodi any problems that were pictured showing the door skins were down to me , for some background , Chris built my car and at that time the process was to use Alfa 156 door handles , it was difficult to come up with a mechanism to make a 156 door handle work efficiently with the BMW lock .
A 250SWB builder(sorry don't know which) worked out that a "Classic" Mini door handle to could be used to provide a better solution , I replaced my 156 door handles with the Mini ones (not a straight forward task) , this meant that my door skins were on and off more times than a (insert your own statement) , and so after numerous efforts I had two functioning locks , but was so fed up that the position of the door skins took a back seat , OK I accept that was not a very good reason for not trying harder but Hay Ho .
I had already booked the car into Nubodi and so I new that Richard would do a much better job at sorting the skins out .
I agree with the comments about working problems through but I also know where my limitations are , sorry for the long post , Geoff .