View Single Post
Old 7th June 2014, 21:10

swifty is on a distinguished road

Christinedmc - It started off as a quick build but as i go on i keep thinking while i have this part off i'll just check it and it goes on and on.

IMG_4387.jpg

Made two disc shields out of ally (light weight) as the original steel ones are past their best. I used the original as a template after flattening the three bolt lugs down to make it easier to draw around, they are a mirror image of each other so you can flip the template over, just remember to bend the lugs in opposite directions.

IMG_4385.jpg IMG_4386.jpg

After reading Mr T's thread on his ARB mounting's i thought it best to check mine more closely while the build is at the stage it is and to my surprise both mounting plates had small fracture cracks, it must be a weak point. Fabricated two new plates from 6mm mild steel 80mm x 80mm with two 8 mm holes @ 51mm centers in each plate then welded into place after lining up and checking a couple of times. The images are taken with the chassis upside down, it was easier to work on the chassis this way. One of the old AR brackets in on the floor in the background beside the tape measure in the first image, look closely and you can see the fracture.

Starting to rebuild the chassis to the rolling stage then hopefully mount the engine to be able to measure and fabricate the type 9 gearbox mounting to suit the triumph chassis, I'll then be able to start the engine for the first time since the rebuild and hopefully all will be ok.

Last edited by swifty; 9th June 2014 at 21:32..