View Single Post
Old 11th June 2014, 21:40

swifty is on a distinguished road

Today i finished machining the steering wheel, made a new center clamp ring and horn push as well as machining the black coating off the boss to match the rest of the ally.

IMG_4392.jpg IMG_4393.jpg

These are the two parts machined from stock ally bar, the horn center push had to be insulated from the rest of the steering wheel to prevent the horn circuit from shortening out, the second image shows the push button upside down with a black nylon disc in the center along with three M3 tapped holes, the slight machined well in the first image is where the badge goes. The clamp ring has a small detail machined around the outer edge to give it a little bit extra with nine matching PCD holes to the original boss.

IMG_4394.jpg

I used the original back cap from the boss but modified it slightly by adding three springs and cap head bolts used to attach the horn push button to the boss with the springs helping to give a smooth return.

IMG_4412.jpg IMG_4414.jpg

Finished steering wheel with the center badge in place, not sure if this will be the final badge i use, may be more research required.

See you all soon.

Last edited by swifty; 12th June 2014 at 18:44.. Reason: typo